Friday, May 10, 2013

Heart Health

I recently attended a benefit for the American Red Cross' Go Red For Women initiative that raises awareness for women's heart health.  If you haven't already seen Elizabeth Banks' video on heart attack symptons, please watch it.

On a lighter note, I won a silent auction lot at the benefit which included a basket of yarn, a knitting and sewing pattern kit, a cashmere wrap along with Laura Zander's Knit Red and Sew Red pattern books.




Those of you who know me know that this is a little too red for my taste, but it was for a good cause and I'm sure I'll figure out a way to downplay all that ghastly red. :)


As for new projects, I'm currently working on some cotton and linen kitchen towels.  I used the warping reel for the first time and I think I'm a convert.  It's much faster than a warping board and I didn't get as dizzy as I thought I would.




By the way, that yarn in the warp is not red, it's dark pink.



I'm now in the process of sleying the reed on the Gilmore loom (yes, it came home!) and trying to be zen about this tedious task.  Back to the loom...


1 comment:

Discoknits said...

Oof, that IS a lot of red! And the loom thing looks SO complex. You are so clever :0)