Monday, April 15, 2013

Spring Cowl

I love cowls/loop scarves for their look and also functionality.  I can wear them long as an accessory, wrap them twice for extra warmth around the neck, and they don't get lost and left behind like traditional straight scarves.

When I saw the Striped Cotton Cowl on the Purlbee site, I knew I had to knit one for springtime.  The Purlbee cowl is knit with Blue Sky Cotton held with different colors of Sashiko thread.  My version of the cowl is also knit with Blue Sky Cotton in the Drift color, but held with Habu Fine Tweedy Silk, a dark brown and a natural.





The color effect, especially the striping, is more subtle than I anticipated, but I still love the way the cowl turned out.  The colors are so neutral, I can wear the cowl with almost anything.







Since the cowl is knit in cotton and silk, it's just right for spring or in my case, possibly year-round since I'm in an area with a temperate climate.


This cowl is a fun and really quick knit on size 10 needles!



2 comments:

dianne said...

Cotton and silk? I bet that feels nice on your neck too!

Discoknits said...

I love its simplicity.