Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Road Trip

The girls and I took a little road trip to TNNA , a needle arts trade show, to help Irish Girlie Knits (IGK) with her first ever booth to showcase her beautiful knitting patterns. 




Except for the food poisoning incident (not to worry, everyone involved has recovered), it was a great time and IGK had a successful first show.

Since it was a needle arts trade show, I was like a kid in a candy store.  So many beautiful yarns, patterns and fun new ideas.  It was a good thing it was a show and not a market or else my pocketbook would have taken a serious hit.




The highlights for me were some great new tools.  I discovered that Addi makes a knitting machine called the Addi Express, very similar to a toy knitting machine I had when I was growing up.  I loved this toy knitting machine and made all my Barbie doll clothes with it.  Barbie had knit tube tops, tube dresses, and just about any other garment that can be made with a tube.  With the grown-up version I can imagine whipping up some human-size scarves in no time. 




Another favorite was the Addi Quick, an electric needle felting tool.  Cheeky Attitude was especially smitten with this tool.  In the photo above she's demonstrating how to make a felted flower.




Last, but not least, was Schacht's new Zoom Loom, a portable 4x4 loom which can be used for weaving samples or other fun projects I'll have to blog about another time.

By the way, there were a few things for sale... Yes, the Zoom Loom came home with me.




5 comments:

dianne said...

Food poisoning aside, that looks like a fun way to spend a weekend!

IrishGirlieKnits said...

It was a great weekend and thanks so much for taking care of the booth while I recovered from that food poisoning! Thank goodness we couldn't buy things, right?!

Discoknits said...

I see Zoom Loom coasters in your future :0) Fun!

Debbi said...

Looks like you all a great time!

Tricia said...

We had fun when we could!