Friday, February 8, 2013

Traveling Sweater

My knitting mojo had been misplaced for quite some time, but it's definitely back with a vengeance.




I finished the Traveling Sweater that had been languishing on the needles.  There was so much ribbing and then I temporarily lost the completed body of the sweater during a move.

























Once I finished knitting all the pieces, I also had some trouble trying to figure out how to piece the whole thing together.  I knew that many others had done this before me, so I wouldn't let it defeat me.

All is well now and I've just about gotten over all the pain and suffering from stitching it all together.  I'm so excited I'll have something new to wear to Stitches.  And it fits!




My current knitting obsession is a Courthouse Steps blanket.  I cast on this blanket years ago, but it's been so long that it's interesting again. 




6 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

It looks fabulous on Britney! Can't wait to see it on you at Stitches.

And I so remember that blanket! Maybe I should finish up my pink log cabin blanket from long ago too.

dianne said...

Nice job on the sweater. It's so rewarding to finish a long term project. Enjoy wearing it!

Debbi said...

Beautiful sweater! Can't wait to see in and you at Stitches!!

Discoknits said...

The sweater looks great. I finished mine over Christmas break and have worn it A LOT! How do you like the seam in the back? It helps me tell which way is up ;0)

Kelly said...

The sweater looks just beautiful and I know it will be beautiful on you. Congratulations on finishing it, so exciting!

Debbie Emery said...

So excitd to see you here again. I'm smiling!
So, another friend showed up at knit night recently with a sweater that looks so much like this. She wore it belted and it was darling. When I asked the pattern, she responded with a woman's name, like Yvonne, or something. Anyway, you go girl. Glad you have your knitting among back. :-)
Debbie