Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Getting over the fear

I'm afraid of my sewing machine.  There, I said it.

I rarely use it so whenever I need to, I have to get reacquainted with it.  The machine can do a lot of fancy things.  I even took a class to learn how to use it.  But I don't remember much.  One of my goals is to get over this fear and make this machine my friend.

Today I took step one and sewed up some kitchen towels and dishcloths with my handmade cloth.




The towels aren't sewn perfectly, the weaving isn't perfect either, but I'm happy with the way they turned out.  One step at a time.  I'll keep working on it.





I'm excited about weaving more cotton/linen cloth to make more of these.





The silk wrap is also woven and completed.  I don't know what's come over me.  This is definitely a record for me, completing multiple projects.

I must be avoiding having to do something else.  It is tax season after all. :)



3 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Ha! I love that you are probably avoiding something by finishing all this.

Love the towels! So fabulous! And I need to make friends with my sewing machine too :)

dianne said...

Your towels are gorgeous!

Tricia said...

Such gorgeous item. I'm so glad you got them out of the drawer. They deserve to be shown off.